From The 5000 Question Survey 2.0. Questions 551-750
551. What is the most magical thing that has ever happened to you? I saw an aurora on a school camp once. That was pretty magical (then our science teacher explained it, but it was still reasonably “magical”.
552. How would you tell your friend his or her fly was open in public? I’d probably just quietly inform them that they were “sailing at half mast”
553. Does a good friend tell you you’ve got something in your teeth or pretend not to notice it? They tell, and then promptly leave me alone.
554. The world has many secrets. Have you learned any? Will you share it? a little off topic, I found your use of the word ‘learned’ a little uneasy so I looked it up in the dictionary (the American oxford)… anyway, looks like it is accepted American to use the term like that although I much prefer the British ‘learnt’. Anyway, I feel so put-off by the whole ordeal that… NO SECRETS FOR YOU!
555. Are there any bands you like so much that you want to get their music video collection on DVD? No, not really, music videos are good for a novelty, but I much prefer to listen to my music. There are some classic video hits out there but no single band produces enough stunning clips that I’d want to get there best of DVD. Bjork probably comes closest.
556. What do you need advice about? finance, amongst many other things
557. Have you been half-asleep and have you heard voices? yes and yes.
558. Do you have a good luck charm? no. My trusty pocket knife is probably the closet thing that I carry, but it’s currently missing in action.
559. Should animals have the same right to life as people? mostly, sort of, well actually, no.
560. What is your least favorite body part? tongues. But they have a cool feel and awesome sensation. Just anatomically they are the grossest.
561. Do you enjoy British comedy? Sometimes. Red Dwarf and Black Books are cool.
562. Are there ever happy endings or does nothing end? yes there are.
563. What is your worst trait? I don’t know, indecision? (pun not intended, lol!)
564. Is the world more beautiful because of love? most definitely and without question.
565. What is the essence of you? toto
566. What really inspires you? stories of young people achieving great things.
567. Have you met your soul mate? nope
568. Is everyday a special occasion? It should be.
569. What sound would you rather hear than any sound in the world? rainforest
570. Of the following which word best describes you:
quick thinking: 4
571. Do any commercials make you want to break your TV? I don’t watch much TV, and I watch even fewer ad breaks.
572. Have you ever lost your religion? no, I threw it away.
573. Do you want to share your life with someone? Not totally, but to some extent, yes I could see that working.
574. Where ARE the wild things? Congo
575. Would you rather have a child genetically related to you or an adopted child? I’m not picky
576. If I had a birthday party would you come? if you invited me I’d make an effort. I’d have every intention of coming however I’m notoriously bad at arriving at the right place and time.
577. What seemingly impossible thing is POSSIBLE? riding a unicycle while only touching the top of the fork and inside of the seat.
578. What song do you love to sing out loud? It’s a lovely day today
579. Have you ever run through the woods naked and played in a stream (you should)? no, yes.
580. Have you ever taken long solitary night walks? yes, very much so.
581. Is there more to you than anyone knows? than any single person knows: yes. But all out, I don’t think I have any secrets.
582. Can you make tonight the night that you do the things you always wanted to do? no, I really should get packing.
583. Would you rather watch life on TV or LIVE it? live it
584. What keeps you chained down? gravity. the law. society. the man.
585. What is the nagging feeling in the back of your head? I’m not sure. but as I read that my forehead become itchy.
586. Do you celebrate yourself? ummm… no.
587. Does everyone get the same opportunities in life? no (obviously. what about people born with serious abnormalities.
588. What would you consider to be better than sex? I don’t know. It’s like asking someone who hasn’t unicycled what they consider better than unicycling. It’s hard to grade something that you haven’t experienced.
589. What evil is necessary? taxes, superannuation, war
590. What’s your favorite one hit wonder? Violent Femmes – Blister in the Sun. Though it is quite annoying. I really don’t like one hit wonders.
591. What would you do anything for? peace and quiet once in a while.
592. Do you celebrate the full moon? sometimes. as in I celebrate it when I see it, I think “Yippie! lots of moon light to play in”. But I don’t get involved in any pagan dancing or watch the calendar or anything.
593. Have you ever gone in the water at the beach at night? absolutely.
594. Are you ordinary? in some ways.
595. What makes people want to hang out with you? I’m not too fussy and I try to be friendly i guess. I don’t know, who’s asking these dumb questions anyway?
596. Have you ever felt like you’ve been a little bit too good to someone? don’t think so. no
597. What book did you like that you had to read for school? like many people, the fact that we were reading it at school meant I didn’t like it. However, unlike most people I enjoyed the novel Empty World. I like those sorts of apocalypse/survival stories.
598. What book should everyone have to read in school? It should be left up to them. Though Animal Farm wouldn’t be a bad choice.
599. Do you like the store Old Navy? ?
600. What movie sequels do you like? Terminator 2.. ummm, yeah, that’s about it.
601. Do you have a lust for life? No, I don’t have a very strong sexual desire for life. (wtf)
602. Do you want to get more out of life? yes
603. Would you want to learn to:
Convert to Buddhism? no, though the Buddhist system interests me
Cure a hangover? no
Lie persuasively? no
604. What character from a movie is most like you? I wish I was more like Mark from Empire Records. he’s cool.
605. Are you comfortable with the idea of your own death? yes.
606. How do you feel about arranged marriages? I don’t know. It seems like an ugly idea, but then they can also be very successful in some cultures. If it’s the way it’s done in another culture and it’s not too damaging then I think we should leave them to work it out for themselves.
607. What do you hate that everyone else seems to like? I used to dislike Nick Cave. These days alcohol is probably the best example I can come up with. I went out a couple of weeks ago and the guys I was with insisted that I had something to drink. They purchased something for me and it was okay, but seriously, it’s just not necessary. As far as drinks go it doesn’t improve the flavour, as far as drugs go, it seems to have too little effect for too higher cost. I think if I had to choose a drug, I’d prefer to smoke dope than drink, the pot heads I know seem to enjoy themselves much more and they’re just… they’re never tense. But drugs are bad kids.
608. What do you like that others seem to hate? Cycling lots. Not doing drugs.
609. If you had to be named after a month, which month would you pick? If I was a lady: Summer (which isn’t a month), or June. June is a cool name. As I guy, if it was required, I’d go with December, but that would be weird.
610. Is time more like a highway or a meadow to you? highway
611. What is your favorite movie? fight club.
612. Which would you choose to be back in the day: a warrior, an alchemist, a minstrel, a bard, an oracle, a peasant, or a merchant? a warrior. everything else there seems kind of boring.
613. What is your favorite song lyric? we’ve already been there. Last time (#240) I said Pepper by the Butthole Surfers. This time I’m going for All Torn Down by The Living End:
I see the city and it isn’t what it used to be
A million houses goin’ up and down in front of me
No time to let the concrete set before it’s broken up again
Don’t care if it’s historic – don’t really care at all
614. What will you never run out of? that’s hard, we run out of time, tears, joy, laughs, anger, money, freedom, restrictions. I guess I’ll never run out of possibilities.
615. If you could force someone to fall madly in love with you, (anyone you choose) would you do it? no. it wouldn’t work. love needs respect and work. probably. regardless, no.
616. Have you ever seen the Disney movie The Black Cauldron? I think I may have seen a bit of it.
617. Have you ever read The Black Cauldron by Alexander Lloyd (or any of his other books in the Prydain Chronicles)? no
618. Have you ever written a paper the night before it was due? yes
How about the day it was due? no
619. Is there a movie you have watched so many times that you can quote it line for line? no, I used to be able to recite a fair bit of back to the future 2.
620. What is your favorite season? summer
621. Do you mind being described as cute? No, not any more.
622. What is the tackiest object in your home? probably my sombrero.
623. What do you think people are most ignorant towards? global politics/economics.
624. What is it that makes you an interesting person? My difference of opinion.
625. What makes other people interesting to you? sense of fun, different background.
626. How open to suggestion are you? very. At least I try to be.
627. Is Michael Jackson black or white? black
628. Are you often lonely? sometimes.
629. What’s the most unusual pet you’ve ever had? We had about 14 guinea pigs at one stage
630. Have you ever threatened an authority figure? yes. Though never on a large scale
631. If you had to choose would you rather make all your decisions henceforth with your head only or with your heart only? I’d rather choose with my head. keeps me out of trouble.
632. How imaginative are you? I think I’m very imaginative for my age.
633. Do you like the Counting Crows? never heard of them
634. If you took this survey from the diary (5000 Q Survey V2.0) did you note me so I could read it? no.
635. Are you more tense or laid back? laid back
636. Does your happiness depend on anyone else, or are you happy no matter what any one says or does? Without sounding too Zen-like; happiness is a state of mind. it is within.
637. What do you think of the idea of putting the bible into the format of a fashion magazine to attract the interest of teenagers? Those magazines are some of the most sicken propaganda i’ve ever seen (imho).
638. How often do you drink to get drunk? never
639. Would you consider yourself to be diplomatic? sometimes. not hugely and not often, but sometimes.
640. Do you think that most of the classes you have taken were taught in such a way as to make plain the relevance of the subject matter in your everyday life? no
641. Do you remember Crystal Pepsi? no
642. When was the last time you spent a night away from home? I slept at kent’s place after a You am I gig. 29/october
643. Some people say that there is no such thing as a stupid question. Is that true? yes. No one is born with any answers.
644. What is the most interesting TV channel? SBS
645. Name one song you could live without hearing ever again: that country pop song by steps, 5, 6, 7, 8.
646. Do your pets understand you when you talk? sit, come one, good dog, up on your beanbag/trampoline, lie down, roll over, git (get), out!, in the shed!, get the cat. sometimes Sparky even obeys.
647. What are three things you HAVE NOT done that might surprise people? I haven’t caught a fish, surfed ebay, uploaded a handmade webpage
648. Have you ever had a secret admirer? yes, I knew she liked me for a long time as well but never let her know (and she never acted upon it)
649. Have you been to a museum this year? no
650. Do you ever watch porn? no
651. Do you think that it would be a good idea if people served in the army, navy or air force for a while before they were allowed to vote? no. well, yes to a small degree, but otherwise overwhelmingly no. What I’m trying to say is: no.
652. If you were required to do this to vote, would you? yes
653. Do people often give you weird looks? no. people ignore me like everyone else unless I deserve a weird look.
654. Do like Japanese cooking? yes. and I love iron chef.
655. Do you care for stray animals? yes
656. Which animated movies have you seen and what did you think of them:
A Charlie Brown Christmas I don’t think I’ve seen this (but I liked charlie brown flicks)
A Garfield Halloween haven’t seen it
The Secret of Nimh haven’t seen it
The Last Unicorn haven’t seen it
The original Lord of the Rings cartoons haven’t seen them
657. Are you ambidextrous (equally good at using both hands)? not strictly so. But I play snooker with either hand.
658. Do you always say; “bless you” after someone sneezes, or do you hesitate? hesitate. and I say gesundheit (*I had no idea how to spell that and I had to ask my loving sister for the spelling thereof)
659. If you and your friends could go away for 2 days over Halloween weekend where would you go? yeah, because we celebrate halloween. Anywhere out of Adelaide.
660. Which of these animated movies have you seen and what did you think of them:
Watership Down haven’t seen
As the Wind Blows haven’t seen
Grave of the Fireflies haven’t seen
How the Grinch Stole Christmas haven’t seen
Spirited Away haven’t seen
661. Do you feel that society is male dominated, female dominated, or neutral? male dominated
662. What words offend you? nothing offends me however I’d prefer if people didn’t use racial slurs or blasphemer
663. They’re just words. Can you get over it? wow, after 662 other questions this was the biggest surprise. I didn’t see that coming. But I’d say I’m well and truly over it.
664. Have you ever looked into different religions? yes.
665. Which ones have you looked into? I was a Christian, I’ve looked into various denominations there. I’ve also ‘hung out’ with some pagans and listened to conversation about pagan practices at nauseam. I much prefer Buddhism from what I’ve read and heard.
666. What do you think of Satanism as a religion? yes. it is probably most misunderstood. I don’t know. I don’t know any Satanists any more, the last one I met was pretty messed up but he would have been messed up regardless of religion. He did too many drugs and wasn’t a nice person. He was kind of scary as well, but I’m sure there are some nice Satanists out there (from what I know of the religion which is very little)
667. Do you like it better when your classes are taught sitting in rows or sitting in a circle? rows
668. Have you ever read your own tarot cards? no
669. Which ones do you like better, the three old star wars movies or the 2 new ones? hehehe, there are 3 new ones. I haven’t seen all of the old ones or new ones, but I prefer the old ones (Jar-jar binks is the most annoying creation ever)
670. If you scream in outer space does it make a sound? Sort of, well no. sound is the vibration of particles, in space there is ~1 atom per square metre (or so I’ve been told)… therefore if you were to scream (or more realistically get a speaker) and create vibrations you could technically get that one atom to vibrate which is technically sound. But for all intensive purposes: no.
671. If you saw The Queen of the Damned did you want to be a vampire/Goth afterwards? I haven’t seen it. But no I wouldn’t (goths are such fashion victims/fad followers).
672. If you saw SLC Punk did you want to be punk afterwards? probably :( lol
673. What is your favorite zombie movie? that Australian one… Undead
674. Best kids birthday party: ceramics, chuck-e-cheese, roller rink, bowling, sleep over, movie theater roller rink. (and as if you need to be a kid)
675. What were your parties like when you were a kid? non-existant. I had a sleep over when I was 7.
676. Best teen (about 15-16) birthday party: ceramics, chuck-e-cheese, roller rink, bowling, sleep over, movie theater, house party, catered in a hall, restaurant, family trip, concert house party
677. What are/were your 15-16 year old parties like? non-existant
678. Best 18th birthday party: ceramics, chuck-e-cheese, roller rink, bowling, sleep over, movie theater, house party, catered in a hall, restaurant, family trip, concert, club, pool hall, college party house party
679. If you are 18 what was your party like? non-existant
680. Best 21st birthday party: ceramics, chuck-e-cheese, roller rink, bowling, sleep over, movie theater, house party, catered in a hall, restaurant, family trip, concert, club, pool hall, college party, bar, Atlantic city/Las Vegas trip house party
681. If you saw The Craft were you interested in wicca/paganism/magic afterwards? haven’t seen it, but no.
682. What are your top 3 priorities? to pack my gear, to move house, to organise my financial record for work.
683. If you saw fight club did you want to get into a fistfight afterwards? Yes I’ve seen it. No I don’t and that wasn’t the point of the movie.
684. What is your favorite smell? original Rexona for men (?).
685. Give everything below a humor rating (1 = laugh your ass off, 2 = lol, 3 = smile, 4 = lame, 5 = not funny, 6 = offensive):
*by offensive I don’t mean I’m offended I just don’t find it amusing that someone can make fun out of something so wrong.
People falling 1-4
Rape jokes 6
Sarcastic comments 3-4
Blonde jokes 1-3
Dirty jokes 3-6
God/religion jokes 3-6
Long-ass jokes 1-5
Death jokes 1-4
Pain/sickness jokes 1-6
Animals doing cute stuff 3-5
Bodily functions 4-5
Knock jokes 4
Ethnic jokes 3-6
Ironic situations 2-5
685. If you saw Cruel Intentions did you want to have lots of meaningless sex afterwards? haven’t seen it
686. Do you get at least three hugs per day? no.
687. What should someone never say to you/call you if they want to remain on your good side? don’t talk down to me.
688. If you saw Trainspotting did you want to do drugs afterwards? haven’t seen it
689. Do movies have a great influence on you? no
690. Do you have a favorite reality TV show? 30 days
691. Are there certain roles that people are pressured to play in society or can they basically do whatever they want? people are pressured, but that doesn’t mean they can’t do whatever they like.
692. How does the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake compare to the original movie? I haven’t seen either
693. Have you ever held a magnifying glass over an insect to burn it? yes. lots of ants. I’m a cruel bastard
694. Have you ever pulled the wings off a fly, butterfly or any other insect? no
695. What would you think of a guy (if you’re into guys) or a girl (if you’re into girls) who wanted to take you to the park to feed the birds and look at the turtles and fish in the water on a date? yeah, that cool.
696. Do you use public pools? yes. no often
697. Do you use public bathrooms? yes
698. Do you use public showers? yes (well I use the ones at uni)
699. How old will you be in 17 years? 37
700. Would it effect you at all if you knew that a very large meteor was headed towards earth that would impact in 17 years? no
701. What is your favorite mixed drink? multi-V
702. When answering these questions are you often pulled in different directions, as if committing to one answer eliminates the possibility for all others? no, I just answer with a statement that is correct most of the time (most of the time).
703. Chicken Mesala, Pasta Primavera, Veal Cutlet Parmesan or Linguini with Clam Sauce?
704. If you were alone in your friend’s house/room/apartment would you look in their drawers and notebooks?
705. What would you really like to do but you don’t because you are afraid of getting caught?
riding in places like the mall (it’s an outdoor mall). and I’m not afraid of the cops in this situation, it’s just I don’t want to get caught by bike hater who are going to think less of cyclists because I’m busy breaking the rules (even though it’s a stupid rule).
706. Of the following, which word best describes you:
707. Which band would you most likely check out?
The Smiths (indi-pop 80’s-90’s) yeah
The Lords of Acid (acid/house/dance 90’s) no idea
Front 242 (80’s-90’s industrial/dance) no idea
708. How can one put an end to procrastination, as a bad habit? wait for the deadline to hit you like a brick. or just go somewhere where there is nothing else to do.
709. What feature would you want on your car that is not currently offered? flying. or at least a better stereo.
710. What kind of poetry speaks to you? song
711. What is your favorite store that is open 24 hours? The 24/7 near the western end of the mall (it’s either that or maccas or a servo hey?)
712. Do you find that sleep is just so much sleepier when you are supposed to be doing something else? yes.
713. Do you also find that the books you chose are so much more luscious when you have a stack of actual assignments that you Should be reading? yes
714. If you have had the chance to compare the original 5000 Question Survey to this edited version, what is your opinion? sorry I have not seen version 1
715. What’s the most creative answer you can think of for ‘what is black and white and red all over’? The White Stripes
716. Why do people slow down on the highway when they pass a cop car pulling someone else over? to get a good look before the good laugh
717. Are they afraid that the cop will STOP pulling over whoever he is pulling over and pull them over instead? most likely no. well maybe. maybe it’s a reflex for some to hit the breaks when they see a cop car.
718. It’s daddy’s birthday. What do you get him? I got him a parker pen last year. He loved it.
719. What’s your 5,000 question survey nickname?
Look at the word next to the 2nd letter of your first name
A anything but *
H heaps of
M Mr. (or Mrs.)
T the one and only
W wishing for
Y yearning for
Now take the first letter of your last name.
C creme pie
D drag queen
M mannish boys
S suave *
Put the two words together for your nickname.
anything but suave
720. You know that shaky feeling that you get when it’s all coming to a climax, and everyone involved is breaking into the good kind of cold sweat, working as individuals and at the same time as a single force of energy, and it all meshes together, and for a brief moment, you’re holding your breath and tingling all over, and after it’s done you’re on an explosive and dizzying high for the rest of the night?
What does that feeling come from? winning theatre sports
721. How many of your teachers can you imagine drinking or doing drugs on the weekends? about half. maybe more. actually yes, I can imagine nearly all of them getting sloshed.
722. Do you like Alice in Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass? I love it
723. Write a question and answer it here. Edit: crap, I can’t believe I forgot to come back to this. I was hoping you would ask this earlier today but when I got to it I couldn’t remember my answer so I left it thinking I’d be able to get back to it. Reading kent’s comment I remembered. Anyway, I wanted to ask something about childhood thinking like: When you were a child (like 6 or 7) did you understand the relationship between your parents and grandparents? I did from an early age but I’m not sure how or why I knew this.
724. Who is your favorite playwright? hmm. I think the last production I saw (and it’s been a while) was Beowulf performed by a single New Zealander (I think). Anyway, it was pretty good. but I don’t really have a favourite playwright and Beowulf wasn’t really written by any individual as far as we know.
725. What movie has come out recently that you couldn’t have less interest in? many movies. more specifically: Mean Girls
726. What would the worst movie ever be about? American crap. with Hugh Grant
727. Do you like truffles? indifferent
Do you like Turkish delight? yes. either kind
728. Can you tell the difference between a transvestite and a real woman? no. especially in gay bars.
729. What’s funnier, plants or fire extinguishers? plants, but not by much
730. For question 720 did you write down sex?
You pervert, I was thinking of musical theater. yeah yeah. very clever.
731. Which is better, leopard print or plaid? plaid. When I saw one of my lab demonstrators on the bus the other day he was wearing a kilt and matching plaid tie
732. What would you consider ordinary? white A4 paper and commodores
733. What is out of the ordinary? gold leaf and unicycles
734. Do you ever watch COPS? yes.
735. Is there always room for j – e – l – l – o? Yes, there is always room for j – e – l – l – y
736. If you had your own TV show, what kind of show would you make it? unicycling
737. Do you know how heavy things like airplanes stay in the air? enslaved fairies
738. When do you act the most dramatic? ummm I don’t think I do. Do I act dramatically anyone?
739. Are you one of those people who have, “see photo id,” written on the back of their credit cards? no. we actually check signatures in Australia. I’ve never heard of that being used to prevent fraud.
740. It’s mom’s birthday. What do you get her? flowers, chocolates, slippers, a massage.
741. What celebrity has pretty much disappeared leaving you wondering ‘where are they now’? Hanson. But you see them every now and again. I think they’re doing all right in the states. record companies really do control the teen market.
742. Would you get angry if you and your girl/boyfriend saw the preview for a movie and talked about seeing it together and then they saw it with one of their friends while you were busy? no
743. How many people do you think will finish this whooooooole survey? many people who’ve got up to #743 will, but only if the survey has finished being written before they get to the end.
744. Have you ever written a message, sealed it in a bottle and thrown it into a river/lake ocean? yes
745. If you haven’t would you want to? NA
746. If you ever did what would you write? “G’day. hope thing are doing alright.” or something like that
747. What do you wish you could always be protected from? getting hit by cars
748. What small thing annoys you so much it should be a crime? people not finishing sentences.
749. Would you rather watch a video of fish in a tank, or the Yule log on TV? The Yule thingo.. (?)
750. Is it better to be loved or feared? love and be loved